Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aaaaas youuuu wiiiiish!!!

This morning I saw a commercial for the nasal spray, Astepro. And I swear to you on my sister's hundred pound frame that the actor in the commercial was Prince Humperdinck. He's older and he's not wearing velvet, but I am sure it's him. Which got me thinking. Actors who play villains in popular childhood films probably have a hard time getting work. I base this theory on the idea that children of the 80's believed everything they watched on television. Which I did, and still do. The more times a movie was watched the more cemented it became in our psyches. Thus. Hence. Therefore. Because I watched the Princess Bride umpteen times, I will never see Prince Humperdinck as anyone other than an evil, narcissistic, ninny. He tortured WESLEY for God's sake! He put him in that crazy water torture machine created by the six-fingered man (Christopher Guest) and turned it up to ten! He took YEARS off of Wesley's life, and without that chocolate pill used to turn him from "mostly dead" to alive, he wouldn't have had any time to woo Princess Buttercup. That's pure cruelty. They were soul mates. The only thorn in my theory's side is that the six-fingered man obviously went onto theatrical success and happens to be one of the funniest writers in all of Hollywood. I bow down to you, Christopher Guest! King of filth! Prince of gaaaarbage!

My point is: Don't buy Astepro. Its evil. Just like Humperdinck. Humperdinck! HUMPERDINCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment