BC-New York Times-Building,0194New York Times sells, leases back part of building
Eds: APNewsNow. Moving on general news and financial services.
NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Times Co. has sold 21 floors of its headquarters building near New York's Times Square.
The sale to investment firm W.P. Carey & Co. is for $225 million.
The newspaper had said in January that it was in talks with Carey for such a deal. Like other publishers, it has been seeking different ways for raising cash to pay off debt as sales of advertising decline. It suspended its dividend in February.
The 52-story building was completed in 2007.
The 21 floors sold to Carey house the Times' offices, and the company is leasing them back from Carey under a 15-year contract.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APNP-03-09-09 0828CDT
Since the NYT is my blog's biggest competition, it pleases me to see they are in a financial quagmire.
When I read about the Times, I often wonder if they wrote the stories themselves. If that is the case, the stories are probably slanted. Slanted, not unlike the italics I am using to write this commentary.
Man, I'm witty. Wittier than you, New York Times! Could your day get any worse???
No comments:
Post a Comment