Thursday, March 12, 2009

A lesson I have learned

This is my favorite picture of Gracie. At three months old, her head was way bigger than the rest of her body. It's difficult to tell, but she was only seven pounds. That toy is about the size of a tennis ball.

See, the fact that I have to explain all this leads me to the lesson I have learned: When things are small because they are young, take LOTS of pictures. If something is small just because that's the way it is, don't worry about it.

I was too busy teaching little Carrot to stop going #2 in her crate to take enough pictures. And now, she's a teenager. Rambunctious, free-wielding, and hard-headed. She sleeps until noon every day and refuses to do her homework. I say "shake" and she stares at me. Thinks she knows more about her toys than I do. Impossible, I tell you.

But I digress.

The point (which may seem painfully obvious) is she will never be that small again. I have very little documentation of how teeny tiny she really was, which makes me regretful. Which most definitely sucks.

Alas, pictures of my children will look like a timelapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment